This is the page where you will find all of The Institute of Promotional Marketing (‘IPM’) different Terms and Conditions. These include terms and conditions relating to:
- the use of this site (www.theipm.org.uk);
- the IPM Seal;
- the IPM’s Education and Training products and services, including the IPM Diploma, the IPM Certificate, the IPM Incentive & Motivation Diploma and the Legal Code Certification (IPM LCC), as well as our one-day and half day courses;
- the IPM Legal Advisory Service; and
- IPM Social Events, Conferences and Awards Table Bookings
All terms and conditions on this page shall be governed by the laws of England and any matter or dispute arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you have any questions or comments regarding this page, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions for Website Usage
The term ‘Institute of Promotional Marketing’, ’IPM’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, whose registered office is 21 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3HH, United Kingdom. Our company registration number is 975635.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- This website is intended for users in the United Kingdom. The information and guidance provided on this website relating to advertising and marketing is, unless stated otherwise, applicable to the United Kingdom only. Its content is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction of the content of this website is prohibited save that you may view, print out, use, quote from and cite the website for your own personal, non-commercial use and for non-commercial teaching and educational purposes on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgement to the IPM.
- All trade marks reproduced on this website are either the property of the IPM or are licensed to the IPM and the rights in such marks are reserved to their respective owners and licensors.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s); You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the IPM’s prior written consent.
- These Terms and Conditions, your use of this website, and any dispute arising out of such use of the website shall be governed by the laws of England and any matter or dispute arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. All rights in the IPM member database are the exclusive property of the IPM and no use may be made of the database, in whole or in part, without the express prior consent of the IPM.
- Some parts of this website require registration. Registered users must keep their username and password confidential, and are fully responsible for any use of the website using their username and password. If you believe someone has accessed the website using your user name and password without your authorisation, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately and to set a new password. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password.
- We reserve the right to cancel registration and/or refuse access to the restricted areas. We shall not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from a registered user’s inability to access any pages on the website. If you want to cease to be registered with us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating this.
Terms & Conditions of Usage of the IPM Seal
- The IPM Seal is a simple logo which the IPM may award to promotions which have been seen and reviewed by the IPM’s Legal Advisory Service (LAS) and are deemed to comply with the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct and Promotional Marketing (“The Seal”). The Seal is awarded in respect of a specific promotion and the materials which have been reviewed by the LAS, and contains the promotion’s unique reference number.
- The LAS must see all final artwork and all communication elements of the promotion which are relevant to the award of The Seal.
- It is a fundamental principle of the United Kingdom (UK) system of self-regulation that the promoter is responsible for all aspects of a promotion. It is, therefore, a condition of using The Seal that all parties to a promotion recognise this. A director or other senior executive of the agency/client applying to use The Seal (the “Applicant”) warrants, on behalf of the Applicant, that there will be no later changes to finished artwork which will be published or distributed without first being checked by the LAS and deemed to comply with the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct and Promotional Marketing.
- A director or other senior executive of the Applicant warrants, on behalf of the Applicant, that the fulfilment aspects of the promotion will be carried out with all due diligence and in full conformity with the law and the requirements of the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct and Promotional Marketing, a copy of which is available via www.cap.org.uk
- The Seal relates only to the UK. It is not, therefore, to be used in relation to promotional campaigns in any other country. Where a UK campaign unavoidably crosses national frontiers with common packaging and/or common communication elements, a director, or other senior executive of the Applicant, warrants, on behalf of the Applicant, that the campaign will meet all legal and Code of Practice requirements in those countries where The Seal will appear.
- The decision as to whether and where a promotion can carry The Seal and the terms on which it is carried is that of The IPM alone.
- The Seal must be shown in the form approved and designated by The IPM. Failure to do so will render the use of The Seal unauthorised with the consequences set out below.
- The Seal is awarded in respect of specific promotions and specific materials. It cannot be used against promotions or materials other than that for which it is awarded, unless they are awarded The Seal separately. It cannot be used in a way that suggests or implies that the Applicant has been given an endorsement as a corporate entity as opposed to a specific promotion. Any misuse of this kind will lead to the use of The Seal being regarded as unauthorised.
- Any unauthorised use of The Seal or any failure to comply with the requirements set out above will result in immediate cancellation of the licence to use The Seal for that promotion, together with a 12 month prohibition on using The Seal on any promotion for that Applicant as well as possible disciplinary action by the IPM. Any non-member of the IPM who makes unauthorised use of The Seal will be referred to the relevant trading standards department for possible enforcement action under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and/or the Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008.
- It is a condition of being granted the use of The Seal that details of the relevant promotion which is the subject of the award of The Seal will be given on The Seal microsite. These details will include the name of the promotion, the relevant brand name, company name and the duration of the promotion.
- Fees apply to use the LAS advice and review service (“LAS Service”). Applicants which are members of the IPM will not be charged any additional fee above cost of the LAS Service to use The Seal. Applicants which are not members of the IPM shall pay to the IPM an additional £200 excluding VAT promptly, and within 30 days of the date of invoice. The IPM reserves the right to refuse to undertake further work from an Applicant, and to withdraw the licence to use The Seal in the event that invoices are overdue. The IPM reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 4% over base rate of HSBC on any overdue sums, calculated on a daily basis.
Terms & Conditions relating to IPM Education Products
Distance Learning Courses
- The IPM’s Distance Learning Courses are: the IPM Diploma, the IPM Incentive & Motivation Diploma and the Online Education Awards (OEAs)
- Course Fees are payable in full at the time of enrolment. No candidate will be deemed to be enrolled unless payment has been received.
- The cost of enrolment is fully refundable up to the point at which enrolment packs are dispatched to candidates. After that it is neither transferable nor refundable.
- The cost of deferring one candidate to a future intake is £300 excluding any applicable VAT.
- The IPM reserves the right to cancel a course, vary the content of the course, change the venue of the immersion day, seminars and tutorials, amend the dates and change the tutors and seminar speakers at any time. The IPM will use reasonable endeavours to inform candidates of any significant changes or a cancellation of a course as soon as possible.
- If the IPM cancels a course, IPM shall provide a full refund of Course Fees already paid but, to the extent permitted by law, the IPM excludes all other liability in relation to the cancellation of or changes to a course. Further, provided nothing shall exclude the IPM’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law, the IPM’s total aggregate liability under or in connection with a course shall be limited to the course fees paid by the candidate.
- Courses, workshops, conferences and events are provided at the IPM’s discretion, and are subject to availability. The IPM has the right to refuse to accept a booking or to cancel or invalidate any booking in its sole discretion at any time, including bookings made by or in relation to members and non-members, individual(s) and/or organisation(s). Naturally, the IPM shall not do so for reasons which are discriminatory against any individual on the grounds of any protected characteristics. The IPM may provide reasons for refusing to accept a booking or to cancel or invalidate any booking if it considers it appropriate, but it is not obliged to do so.
- One-day Courses & Half-day Workshops
- All course fees are payable prior to the date, or commencement date, of the course.
- Should a candidate be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge – please simply notify the IPM of any changes.
- You may transfer the date of attendance or the course being attend (subject to availability) or cancel attendance at a course subject to the following scale of charges: